Investment incentives under the following Acts include exemption from the payment of customs duties on building materials, equipment and approved raw materials and real property taxes for periods up to twenty years:
- The Hotels Encouragement Act
- The Industries Encouragement Act
- The Export Manufacturing Industries Encouragement Act
- The Bahamas Free Trade Zone Act
- The Agricultural Manufactories Act
- The Spirits and Beer Manufacture Act Note: Custom duty exemptions do not apply to personal consumables.
- Investors may acquire publicly owned lands for approved developments on concessionary terms; and
- Acquire low cost space for lease for industrial enterprises.
- Government will provide special training and retraining for Bahamian workers to ensure the continuing availability of a highly skilled labour force.