The Government is committed to enhancing the image of The Bahamas as an international financial centre. To this end the Government will:
- maintain The Bahamas as a leading financial services centre;
- monitor all developments in the international financial markets and amend any rules, regulations or legislation that would preserve and enhance the competitiveness of the financial services sector of the Bahamian economy;
- ensure the operation of a clean financial centre with specific rules and regulation to prevent the laundering of criminally derived assets;
- support The Central Bank of The Bahamas in its commitment to bank supervision and promoting high standards of conduct and sound banking practices;
- support the self regulatory measures of the Association of International Bank and Trust Companies (AIBT), particularly, the established code of conduct for bank and trust companies;
- continue enforcement of our bank secrecy laws.